While the online marketplace has been steadily growing over the past few years, no one could’ve foreseen the unprecedented influx of new online users welcomed at the start of 2020, which is still technically growing to this day, with more businesses penetrating new markets. As a result, building a website to establish a company’s online presence and brand image is becoming increasingly popular, especially given the circumstances and online interactions being the limitation to customer interaction.
However, one common issue that many starts to see replicated repeatedly is that many newbie entrepreneurs and business startups design a website for the sake of having one. Often, they are utterly oblivious to the actual long-term benefits and implications it has on business success. And even though it might not appear like the most impactful aspect of the business on paper, you’ll be surprised to know that good web design can enable better lead generation and elevate the overall customer experience.
What Does Good Web Design Achieve?
Good web design can achieve several things but what makes it crucial in today’s era of marketing and establishing your business is that it’s the second thing that represents your company as a whole, only falling below your actual product or service. And given its weight, the three most significant advantages to a good web design fall back onto the following: Its ability to make a lasting first impression. It facilitates friendly customer interaction. And it empowers your brand image and identity to rival even bigger companies. Here’s a quick rundown on these three advantages of excellent web design:
- Make A Lasting First Impression On Customers: Unlike back then, where foot traffic and potential customers experience your brand face-to-face from an actual storefront, searching and finding your website is the only means of making a first impression in today’s new normal. Therefore, a massive chunk of your company’s perceived credibility and professionalism is immediately reflected and expected from your landing page. And if the opposite turns out to be true, potential customers are less likely to visit again.
- Facilitate Better Customer Interaction And Service: In addition to making a lasting first impression on your customers, a well-executed web design should facilitate better customer interaction and service. Using it must feel fluid and snappy, meaning that it’s filled with relevant content, necessary information, direct links for more contact info, and any other important menu like a product listing catalog. For example, BannerSolutions.com has an easy-to-navigate interface that encourages wholesalers and bulk buyers to subscribe to their product catalog, given the ease of use.
- Empowers Brand Image To Be More Competitive: Lastly, when competing with more prominent brands and industry leaders, there’s not much hope of competing with them on a market volume or share level given the difference in size. However, web design and development are excellent ways of empowering your brand image and leveling the playing field for all online businesses. You see, having more resources reaches a point of diminishing returns in building a website, and the real selling point relies on creativity and trend awareness.
How to Build a Superior Company Website?
Luckily enough, there exists a multitude of ways to build a superior company website. Depending on your circumstances, financial capabilities, and niche market demand, you can tweak your website needs to please your target audience best. Namely, experts recommend these three methods: First, hiring an in-house web developer onto your team. Second, outsourcing web design services to a third party. And third, building the website yourself from scratch. Here’s a more in-depth look at these three methods in creating an effective company website:
- Hire An In-House Professional Web Developer: First, if you have space in your team and want a more comprehensive overview of what can be done under a specific time frame, hiring an in-house web developer is the best way to go. This option will give you more freedom on dynamic changes without incurring extra expenses, saving you more money long term. Plus, if you ever run into server problems or web-related issues, you can rest assured knowing someone will always be available.
- Outsource Professional Web Design Services: Besides onboarding a newly hired web developer, outsourcing professional web design services is another excellent alternative to building a superior website. Yes, there’s no denying that it’s not as on-demand compared to having someone on your team, but the prices are still competitive and sometimes more affordable given the nature of the project. You can also agree on a deal where they offer web support for at least a year.
- Build The Website Yourself From Scratch: Last but not least, if you’re on a strict budget and can’t necessarily shell out extra funds for a new hire or outsourcing, there’s always the option of building the website yourself from scratch. Many build-a-website services have become increasingly popular as of late, with well-known brands like Squarespace becoming more professional with new features. Plus, given its drag-and-drop nature, you’ll find it easy to use and the perfect launchpad for anything else in the future.
In conclusion, if you want to stay relevant in the online business landscape, investing in a good web design is non-negotiable because it’s what everybody sees and where everyone goes. And, sure enough, a great-looking web design will enable customer growth and increase your company’s online reputation and credibility.