Welcome and Apologies
Declarations of interest
Presentation: An overview of the key messages from Government and implications for Oxfordshire and the Partnership.
Given the implications of the Emergency Budget it is suggested that work to develop new medium term priorities should be deferred until the Spring.
Briefing note and Report attached
This is the fourth Annual Report by a Director of Public Health for Oxfordshire (jointly appointed by the NHS and the County Council). The recommendations are made for all organisations in Oxfordshire and for the public.
The aims are:
1. To report on progress made in the last year and set out challenges for the next year;
2. To galvanise action on five main threats to the future health, wellbeing and prosperity of Oxfordshire; and
3. To add an emphasis on two strongly emerging threats, namely those posed by dementia and alcohol abuse.
An executive summary is attached for information.
The report presents findings from a programme of research (commissioned by Oxfordshire Stronger Communities Alliance OSCA) into the contribution of worshipping communities in Oxfordshire
- 192 worshipping communities participated in the survey (less than half of the worshipping communities of Oxfordshire) but key points emerging:
- they invest over £8.5 million each year in paying staff
- give 150,000 volunteering hours each year
- make over 220 rooms and halls available for use by the wider community
Any Other Business
Topics for the next meeting – please let the Partnership team know in advance of the next meeting if there are any topics you would like to discuss.